System requirements for WriteLog
- 20 MB of hard disk space
- 512MB RAM minimum. >512MB recommended (If you can run the Firefox browser, you can run WriteLog)
- RTTY (sound board transmit/receive) needs 1 GHz Pentium or faster
WriteLog Version 12 requires Windows 7 or later.
WriteLog Version 11 requires Windows 2000 or later, and certain functions (charts, getscores.org interface and the internet logbook) require .NET version 3.51. The WriteLog installer will not run at all on operating systems prior to Windows 2000, and it detects the presence of the appropriate .NET version and installs a version of WriteLog missing those features if .NET is not up to date.
Microsoft Windows operating systems. WriteLog Version 10 supports all versions since Windows 98. Note the Microsoft Operating System limitations with the parallel LPT function:
- LPT (CW and SO2R output) is supported out-of-the-box only on Windows 98/ME.
- LPT can be made to work on Windows 2000 and XP (32 bits only) using a third party driver.
- LPT is not supported on any 64b Windows, nor on Vista or Windows 7 or newer
Microsoft .NET 3.51 will not install on Windows 2000. It is available on Windows XP only if XP Service Pack 3 is already installed.