We’ve removed the installer files for DigiRite from writelog.com. You may find them on other websites.
Here are the steps you can take to build DigiRite from the source using Windows 10. If you need help, your grandson or granddaughter can probably do this. They’re all supposed to learn coding these days, right?
DigiRite extends the original WSJT-X to enable rig control, logging QSOs, contest dupe and multiplier checking through a published Writelog API. This fills a gap in interfaces. During WW-Digi, one of the often heard complaints was the loss of QSO logging between WSJT-X and N1MM.
Frequently asked questions:
- Why is the installer no longer available? K1JT claims the combination of DigiRite with WriteLog violates the GPL terms of WSJT-X. To avoid legal issues, writelog.com is no longer offering an installer.
- May I still run the DigiRite I already have? You have our permission.
- What features of DigiRite did Joe not like? a) Automated QSOing b) multi-stream mode
- Can I build binaries? The GPL license we’ve used allows for that.
- Has Joe or the FSF, or anyone else threatened or brought legal action. Yes. We can’t say more.