This page itemizes the changes added to WriteLog since January, 2012. We may update this page as items enter beta test, so it is normal to find one more version on this page than is available from the downloads page.
Here is a description of WriteLog version numbering conventions.
11.11 April, 2013
- Fix issues with support the old MMTTY plugin that broke in 11.10
11.10 March, 2013
- Support for XMMT.ocx. Replaces the MMTTY plugin
- Update K3 rig driver to work better with Flex-3000 radio
- Add NumClonesAtStartup ini entry.
- Correct Russian DX Contest Cabrillo name RDXC
- Update to latest NMQP rules
11.09 January, 2013
- Rules update for MCC Maritime QSO Party.
- Support for NRAU Baltic Contest.
11.08 December, 2012
- Update WAQP module for latest rules
- Fix crash on attempt to graph with PAQP module.
- Switch order of K3 freq/mode set commands. Now freq first.
- Add [Configuration] CreateErrorLog=0 to create a COM error log file.
11.07 September, 2012
- Add ARRL School Club Roundup
- COQP module which logs the DXCC prefix in the cabrillo log when the SPC is entered as DX
- 1. No longer counts US/Canada/AK/HI as separate DX mults
- 2. Cabrillo log converts “DX” to “DX-prefix” for RCVD field
- Update the list of VE mults for WAQP/Salmon Run
- Improve the exchange field/column editing. Columns may now be reordered.
11.06 July, 2012
- Update for IOTA rules
11.05 July, 2012
- Audio Review Set Directory… button works on Vista/Win7
- Fix crash in All Asia module on receipt of certain out-of-band spots.
- Fix failure to log Operator name. This has apparently been broken for a very long time.
- Extend packet window width out to 1024 characters (was 80)
- Add CWPTTIDLE setting to CW PTT dialog.
- Update for SCQP rules.
- Fix IARU bug introduced after last year’s contest.
11.04 April, 2012
- NMQP rules update
- VAQP rules update
- Fix installation files omitted from 11.03 for 60m support.
11.03 April, 2012
- Update Convert CTY to WriteLog, process macros to affect country calculation as well as zone. And if a prefix appears in a WAE country as well as ARRL, ignore the second one for the WAE calculation.
- Fix networking lockout messaging. Last-one-wins would not work (sometimes) with more than 2 machines networked.
- Add DXCC country display to beam heading.
- Add 60m band to DxPedition mode.
- Encode 60m band properly in TQSL export.
11.02 March, 2012
- Fix scoring of IARU (was broken in 1087–after 2011 IARU).
- HADX contest has 4 digit serial numbers.
11.01 January, 2012
- This version has extensive compiler and tool updates. Requires Windows 2000 and later.
- Most, but not quite all, of the setup dialogs are consolidated into one of two new tabbed dialogs. All the menu entries still exist, but now go to the appropriate tab and dialog. You can change to the other tabs from there, so now there are multiple ways to get at the entries. One of the tabbed dialogs is “WriteLog Options” and controls items saved for any WriteLog instance for the current user, and the other is “WriteLog Document settings” and controls items that are saved in the .wl file.
- Internet logbook no longer needs a separate MSSOAP install.
- TQSL support uses latest libraries from SourceForge, and an obscure failure mode is fixed that was caused if a user had multiple virus checkers installed.
- The chart features use Microsoft plug-in now.
- getscores.org is supported directly from WriteLog.
- Improve the echo-mic feature for less latency in the Vista/Win7 mode.
- ILQP sent-field length now long enough for all county combinations.
- re-arranged menu entries, but none were removed.
- The NetDDE option for networking is removed. TCP/IP is the only networking option.